- 150ml Genesis Gluten Free, High Protein Meal (Chocolate or Original flavour)
- 75ml water
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana
- ¼ teaspoon oil
- Optional 1 x medium heaped tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Blend together all ingredients except oil until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat to medium.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture onto the frying pan.
- When bubbles on the surface start to pop, turn the crumpet using a spatula & cook the other side.
- Recipe makes ±5 crumpets with a diameter of 10cm.
“I have seen too many people, especially in impoverished communities, being fed empty calories,” says Michelle Bristow, Genesis Nutritional Products’ CEO. It is our passion is to see South Africa develop into a healthy country.
What are functional foods and why are they important?
Functional foods provide health benefits beyond just energy and essential nutrients. The health promoting and disease preventing properties of these foods has led to a massive upsurge in their consumption. Furthermore, the increase in health care costs and the facts that most of us are living longer, giving momentum to the growing enthusiasm and wide-spread appreciation of how a balanced and according to scientist, nutritionally complete diet is key to managing health and improving the body’s immune responses.
Donate nutritionally balanced meals: R2.30 per meal
GENESIS® was developed over a period of two years by a South African dietician with a keen interest in public health. The product contains 55 key nutrients, including a combination of 23 vitamins and minerals, 19 Amino acids, Omega-3, Omega-6, as well the BI0-MOS® prebiotic and SEL-PLEX®, an organic Selenium. Genesis meals provide 3 x more protein than maize meals. Read more.
We’ve received this heart-warming video from Gladys Tshabalala, Elandspoort Pikanini. This is one of the many projects, supported by the Hanna Charity and Empowerment Foundation. Thanks to OUTsurance and Staff helping SA OUT, the Hanna Foundation received 1500 nutrient dense meals during June 2021.
Health has never been this easy.
Subscribe to our Eating Plans